|Title:||*** LONGLEAT - Buyer|
|ID:||LEL1493 / 2855|
For over 50 years, Longleat (part of the Longleat Enterprises Group) has been one of the UK’s most loved attractions. With almost 1 million visitors every year, we are passionate about providing wondrous and immersive experiences that lead to lifelong memories. Despite our established reputation, we constantly strive to educate, excite and inspire guests – from hosting the UK’s largest ever hot air balloon gathering, to celebrating our Festival of Light; the first and biggest event of its kind in the UK, with a total of 3,000 spectacular Chinese lanterns transforming the Estate.
The Longleat Enterprises Group also encompasses Cheddar Gorge and Caves, and share the same cultural values as Longleat, which are to engage and inspire; to put people first, treating everyone with respect; to continuously improve; to act with integrity and to take safety seriously.
What will this role of Retail Buyer entail?
As the Retail Buyer you will play a key role in maximising the profitability of the retail function of Longleat through effective sourcing, developing product concepts, maintaining stock levels and buying an optimum range of products for all guests, ensuring all products are always compliant with quality and safety standards.
Within this fast-paced environment, you will review department performance and deliver analytical information on; sales, product ranges, competitor development, consumer buying patterns and identify and deliver key sales drivers.
Through effective communication you will maintain healthy supplier relationships whilst continuously sourcing new suppliers, ensuring an efficient supply of products and negotiating the best price and lead times.
What will I need to be considered for this Retail Buyer vacancy?
- Proven experience of purchasing / product development within the retail industry, ideally in a fast-paced environment with relatable categories (toy, fashion or souvenir ranges)
- Previous experience of negotiating pricing, managing OTB (open to buy) stock control and budgets
- Be innovative with the ability to take products from concept stage through to marketing and sales
- Be commercially aware with a good understanding of the consumers requirements and appropriate gift ranges for seasonal, brand specific leisure attractions
- Be an energetic and enthusiastic individual with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Attractive salary, level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, complimentary tickets to Longleat and Cheddar Gorge, discounts on retail merchandise, life assurance cover, free parking and more perks.
Contract: Permanent, 39 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. Start and finish times will vary in accordance with Park opening times.
Please note, due to the nature of the business evenings and weekend work will be required, including bank holidays.
Location: Longleat (Warminster, Wiltshire)
All applications to be submitted online for this Retail Buyer vacancy, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.