|Title:||*** LONGLEAT - Payroll Manager|
|ID:||LEL1491 / 2852|
For over 50 years, Longleat (part of the Longleat Enterprises Group) has been one of the UK’s most loved attractions. With almost 1 million visitors every year, we are passionate about providing wondrous and immersive experiences that lead to lifelong memories. Despite our established reputation, we constantly strive to educate, excite and inspire guests – from hosting the UK’s largest ever hot air balloon gathering, to celebrating our Festival of Light; the first and biggest event of its kind in the UK, with a total of 3,000 spectacular Chinese lanterns transforming the Estate.
The Longleat Enterprises Group also encompasses The Bath Arms, and Cheddar Gorge and Caves, and share the same cultural values as Longleat, which are to engage and inspire; to put people first, treating everyone with respect; to continuously improve; to act with integrity and to take safety seriously.
What will this role of Payroll Manager entail?
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, as the Payroll Manager you will lead the in-house payroll process for the Longleat Group. You’ll ensure the timely and accurate delivery of the monthly payroll for an average of 600 employees, rising to 800 employees at peak times, with the support of the Payroll Officer. Your duties will also include but not be limited to:
- Completing year end payroll reconciliations and returns to HMRC, generating and distributing P45s and P60s
- Taking responsibility for Pension and Life Assurance submissions, ensuring payroll processes and reports facilitating auto-enrolment are correct
- Assisting in the automation and streamlining of all associated payroll processes, documenting procedures and training new Managers on payroll process
- Resolving payroll queries, organising additional payments and deductions from wages, and providing a breakdown of pay slip calculations when required
- Assisting Management Accounts with payroll reconciliations and information required to pay PAYE, NI, and Attachment of Earnings etc.
What will I need to be considered for this Payroll Manager vacancy?
- CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) qualification or equivalent
- Proven experience in managing an in-house payroll service, developing and enforcing payroll policies and procedures with a variety of employment contracts
- Good IT literacy with superb knowledge of Excel, with the ability to present information in forms, tables and spreadsheets
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and great analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to calculate risk and take decisive action
- Ability to work to multiple tight deadlines in a time pressured environment
What will I receive in return?
Salary: 30,000 (GBP) to 35,000 (GBP), level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, complimentary tickets to Longleat and Cheddar Gorge, discounts on retail merchandise, life assurance cover, free parking and more perks.
Contract: Permanent, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week - 9am to 5:30pm. Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends may be required during times of peak activity, with occasional out-of-hours work.
Location: Longleat (Warminster, Wiltshire), with occasional travel to our Cheddar site in Somerset.
All applications to be submitted online for this Payroll Manager role, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions please.