|Title:||*** LONGLEAT – Permanent - HR Officer|
|ID:||LEL1619 / PL3717|
We are the astonishing kingdom of Longleat, an eccentrically British place of imagination and astonishing experiences. For over 50 years we have been one of the UK’s most loved attractions. With almost one million guests every year, we are passionate about providing immersive experiences that bring family and friends together to create memories that will last a lifetime. This year is the 70th anniversary of the House and grounds opening to the public.
We’re an organisation driven by our core cultural values, which are to engage and inspire, put people first, take accountability, continuously improve and to act with integrity. We believe everyone who works at Longleat can subscribe to these values, and that they truly set us apart as an organisation to work for.
What will this role of HR Officer entail?
Reporting to the HR Manager, as HR Officer you’ll support the HR Department in providing efficient and effective HR support to all employees and managers across the Longleat Group. You’ll understand and assist with all aspects of HR operations, providing advice, guidance and coaching on policies and procedures that cover the full employment life cycle.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for HR queries by telephone, email and in person
- Handling employee relations from start to finish, including maternity / paternity, disciplinaries, sickness absence and grievances, escalating to the HR Manager when appropriate
- Overseeing the probation process and managing probationary reviews with all Line Managers
- Supporting the HR Manager with implementation of recruitment policies and procedures
- Dealing with the administration of recruitment systems and databases, producing and sending all offers of employment for supervisory and management appointments
- Supporting with the interview and selection process across the Longleat Group
- Undertaking project work to further develop the HR function and in-house processes
You’ll also be required to travel to the Cheddar Gorge site in Cheddar, Somerset, for one day per month to support with ER issues, and therefore you must hold a full UK driving licence.
What will I need to be considered for this HR Officer vacancy?
- Qualified to CIPD Level 3 or equivalent experience
- Proven experience providing accurate HR advice to colleagues
- Experience of working with HIRS systems and producing reports
- Sound knowledge of the principles of employment law
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
As HR Officer, you will receive a competitive salary in addition to a range of attractive benefits including; 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, complimentary tickets to Longleat and Cheddar Gorge and Caves, discounts on food and beverages and retail merchandise, along with life assurance cover and more perks.
Contract Type: Permanent, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. Flexibility is required to work extra hours to meet business demands, including occasional bank holidays and weekend and evening work.
Location: Longleat (Warminster, Wiltshire)
All applications for this HR Officer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions please.